Difference between revisions of "Geocaching recipes"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 01:20, 9 January 2009
Here is a great place to collect and share your geocaching recipes. Just what is a geocaching recipe? It's a recipe for geocaching food. Anything that is appropriate to bring to event caches, out on the trail, or anywhere you want to cache. Anything that's good to eat while thinking about caching is fine too!
Pizza Aux Verres De Terre Extraordinaire Recipe from JohnTee
- 1 pk (13.25-oz) hot roll mix
- 1 c Warm water (110 degrees)
- Cooking oil
- 1 cn (15-oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 ts Dried basil; crushed
- 1 ts Dried oregano; crushed
- 1/4 ts Garlic salt
- 1 1/2 c Verres de terre (ground earthworms)
- 1 pk (4-oz) sliced pepperoni
- 1 c Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Green pepper; sliced
- 1 cn (3-oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c Pitted ripe olives
- 2 tb Chopped onion
- 1 pk (4-oz) bulk pork sausage
- Snipped parsley; optional
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions, except use warm water and omit the egg. Do not let rise.
- Cut dough in half. With oiled hands, shape dough into desired shape on 2 baking trays. Pinch up outer edge to keep sauce from running off.
- Bake at 450 degrees for six minutes.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic salt and chopped onion. Spread about 1/2 Cup on each pizza.
- Top with meats, cheeses and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with snipped parsley.
- Return pizza to oven.
- Bake at 450 degrees till cheese is melted and the edges of the dough are light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Yields 2 pizzas.
Seven Wives Inn Granola Recipe from JohnTee
- 8 cups oats, not instant
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 8 oz. almonds
- 8 oz cashews
- 8 oz coconut, unsweetened large ribbon
- 3 oz sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Mix first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat water, oil, honey, and peanut butter until it begins to bubble. Add vanilla and pour over dry ingredients.
- Mix well and spread on two large cookie sheets.
- Bake in 200 degree oven for about two hours or until coconut is golden. Stir occasionally while baking.
- Add raisins when cool. Store in an airtight container.
Walking Salad by Coastiegirl04
- 12 Apples
- 2 cups Cottage cheese
- 1/2 cups Rasins
- 1/2 cups Nuts
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnasie
- Cut top off the apples and core them (take the core out) Leaving the bottom skin over the hole.
- Scoop out the pulp of apples and chop with the cheese rasins and nuts. Mix with mayonnasie.
- Stuff the mix in apple shells and put top back on.
BigWhiteTruck's Famous Salsa
- Three sweet bell peppers (not green! one each of red, yellow, and orange works good)
- One small to medium onion
- One 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- Pour crushed tomatoes into a large bowl
- Finely chop the peppers and add to bowl
- Finely dice the onion and add to the bowl
- Stir up good with a large spoon
- Enjoy with chips and lots of friends