General discussion goes here. Start new topics with a separator line (----) and comments to a topic should be indented by using one colon (:) per indent at the beginning of each line. Sign and timestamp your posts with the spiffy "4 tildas" (~~~~). Enjoy!
Image Upload Area Still Failing
I've tried 3-4 times today to upload an image. I click the "Upload file" link in the 'toolbox' and enter the required information in the boxes and it gives me an error page that says:
"." is not a recommended image file format.
I am trying to upload a .jpg file.
- Wiki name
Are you naming the image "Something.jpg" or are you just naming it "Something"?
- niraD 20:47, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
Trying to Upload an Image
Cacheopedia is not configured to allow users to upload images. Sorry
- niraD 20:26, 8 April 2008 (EDT)
Yikes! Must have been a side effect of going over to the new server. Fixed now! Upload away!!!!
--BigWhiteTruck 20:55, 8 April 2008 (EDT)
--The SOAD Fan 15:19, 24 November 2006 (EST) Um..hi I just joined.
BigWhiteTruck 17:17, 29 November 2005 (EST) Lately I have been working hard to categorize articles and define categories. I think this is really important so we can have a browseable structure of articles. I defined a template called cathowto that tells you how to add your articles to a category. It's a good idea to add this at the end of a category description:
View some categories to see what I mean.
--BigWhiteTruck 13:09, 27 Nov 2005 (EST)
It's good to have this page on your watchlist, just click watch at the top of this page.
BlueNinja 23:44, 23 Nov 2005 (EST) Requiring login is looking like a better and better idea. Main Page has been spammed again.
BlueNinja 20:30, 22 Nov 2005 (EST) I'd like to include some pictures in my article on PI, but can't find where to host them. Are they locally hosted, or can I link to something on, say, Photobucket?
- --BigWhiteTruck 10:14, 23 Nov 2005 (EST)
- There is a upload page under the special pages link on the left bar. I just enabled it this morning.
- --BlueNinja 12:01, 23 Nov 2005 (EST) Thanks!
- --BlueNinja 12:07, 23 Nov 2005 (EST) Er, when I tried to upload a picture I got this message: Internal error
- From Cacheopedia
- Could not copy file "/var/tmp/phpU1ifoi" to "/usr/home/cacheopedia/public_html/w/images/temp/0/0f/20051123170603!156_5639.JPG".
- --BigWhiteTruck 16:02, 23 Nov 2005 (EST)
- Sorry about that. All fixed now
CoyoteRed has asked, and I have answered.
Lunaverse 15:10, 25 May 2005 (EDT)
- This is a sample reply, but it's to myself.
- Lunaverse 15:10, 25 May 2005 (EDT)
So you have to go to "edit" to add a post? I don't think I'm doing this correctly. Tabulator32 07:04, 27 May 2005 (EDT)
- Yep, that's it! It's like a talk page, only there's no + sign next to the edit button for more easily adding a post. But this is how they do it on Wikipedia. I'm just copying them.
- Lunaverse 09:36, 27 May 2005 (EDT)
Krugdm 17:38, 23 January 2006 (EST)Just found this site! This could be handy, once it's filled out! Speaking of spamming, I have a wiki of my own and had a spamming problem. I ended up restricting the site so new accounts still could not post. I have to manually move people into the editor group. Haven't had a bit of spam since.
Cheesehead Dave 17:49, 23 January 2006 (EST)Style Question: When referring to Geocaching.com as the name of the site and not the URL, should it be capitalized as the name of an organization as I have done, or should it be written with a lowercase "g"?
- I think capitalized would be better. Welcom to the site. --BigWhiteTruck 19:18, 23 January 2006 (EST)
BlueNinja 17:56, 19 April 2006 (EDT) Looks like we're getting hit by spammers again. Blocked a bunch today.
BlueNinja 17:21, 17 May 2006 (EDT) Can we require users to be logged in to edit? I've just spent the last half hour deleting spammed pages.
Every time I save changes to an article, I get a message that there is a database error. The article saves just fine, though. Just to let you know.
- But I just found out that I cannot create new pages anymore. Help? ~~WestonWyse[ talk ]~~ 07:01, 24 June 2006 (EDT)
Fixed the error. Sorry about that.
--BigWhiteTruck 12:42, 24 June 2006 (EDT)
BlueNinja 02:49, 3 August 2006 (EDT)
Testing captcha again BlueNinja 21:40, 5 August 2006 (EDT)
We've got our first human spammer. Judging by his (or maybe her) name, "F1r3Cr4cK", it's probably some dumb kid. I'm not doing anything to the security right now, but if needed I'll bump it up a notch. BlueNinja 13:17, 10 August 2006 (EDT)